Thursday, January 18, 2007

Six Weird Things

I was tagged yesterday, with the powers of Blogger's "next blog" button, by filbert. The game is to list six ways in which (I think) I'm weird and then tag six other blogs. Here it goes...

1. I went to clowning camp one summer, and it was one of the best times of my life. I still know how to spin plates on sticks, engage in comical whipped cream pie antics, paint squirmy childrens' faces, make balloon animals, and juggle (sort of). The student council president my senior year was a certified clown. He juggled knives during one of his addresses to the student body, and it made me recall my fond memories of training to throw pies at people's faces.

2. In elevators with guys whom I don't know, I look at them and try to figure out what it would be like if we were dating based just on their appearance.

3. Sometimes I cross the street even when I don't need to when I see someone I know coming from the opposite direction. It's not even that I don't like the person, it's just that I'm never sure when the exact moment is to wave, how long to avert me eyes from them, and whether or not we'll have to start small talk. So I just avoid it and go on my merry way.

4. I hate pants. I wouldn't shut up about it all during high school, as my friends will verify.

5. For some reason, I am incapable of getting a glass of milk without incident if I pick that up before I get food. Since I arrived at college, I have knocked over a glass of milk, filling my tray and splashing the floor and my clothing a total of five times. It's always a glass of milk, never any other drink. I smack it against the juice machine, I knock it over pulling out salad dressing from under the sneeze bar. I try to pay attention, but I only notice at just the moment of no return.

6. After to listening to a song with mildly intelligible lyrics two or three times, I can sing along with the entire thing. I retain the lyrics for years.

I'm tagging:

Harrison
Elisabeth
Mimz
Bekka
Joe
Kiwiqueen

Also, I have some important news: in the next couple weeks, I'll be moving to bananatheory.net. So be prepared to update your links.

technorati tags:, , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not TOO weird. I'm sure there are weirder people out there. And clown camp sounds like a laugh :D I'll get round to writing my weird things when I have finished trudging through this mountain of work. Thanks for tagging!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

You see, whilst reading the wonderfullly strange and humourous facts about yourself, I was already thinking of my six weird things and who I should tag. But NO. You just had to tag three of the five people I would've tagged. I hope you know, you've just made my life mildly irritating for the next five minutes.

*Shakes fist*

(Oh, and thanks for the tag. Tis pretty cool.)mq

3:37 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Joe, it's all part of my evil plan to make your life more difficult. I can sense your intent to do things and thwart you from across the ocean.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

OH GOD!! SO SORRY!! I forgot about the tag! I promise to do it tomorrow!!!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home