Tuesday, November 14, 2006

For the Longest Time

Dear Male A Capella Groups:

For the longest time I have hated the Billy Joel song "For the Longest Time." I know it is simple to sing, and that's why you chose it. But please strike it from your repertoire. Not all of you are talentless hacks, so I don't know why you insist on keeping that song around. It no longer makes me swoon, nor did it after the trillionth time a group started singing it. Those initial bumbumbums and snaps now fill me with dread, and I flinch.

It's not that I hate Billy Joel. Though I did for some time, I've come to accept my love of certain songs, such as the great step backward for meaningful relationships, "Only the Good Die Young." But, really, it's time to let the "For the Longest Time" legacy of Billy Joel go.

You're going to have to work a little harder to turn the female part of the audience turn to jelly from this point onward. Now you know: we're on to you.

-Meredith, Who Prefers the Song "Fuck You Gently" by Tenacious D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home