Thursday, November 23, 2006

Where did you people learn to drive?

I saw two fender-benders in a thirty minute period today.  I thought that was noteworthy.  I was almost involved in an accident, too.  A car in front of me on the freeway decided, after coasting along in the exit-only left lane that it was time to merge back into traffic.  He figured that just sort of pushing his way in would be sufficient.  It wasn't.  A car honked at him as he almost plowed into its side, and I almost slammed into the back of the half of the car still left in my lane.  Balls!

The first fender-bender was on my way to go shopping.  I was on Wisconsin Ave. and this jackass who'd been tailgating me changed lanes.  He got ahead of me by a light and I thought it would be the end.  The best part of the story is that jackass isn't the one who hit someone.  He was rear-ended by a Mercedes SUV.  Jackass' car rocked, and I thought for sure, because they didn't move when the light turned green, that they were going to pull over to the side of the road and trade information.  Instead, they both drove away without getting out of their vehicles, and then jackass began following the Mercedes, who tried to shake him by wildly changing lanes.  I was glad to get away from that mess.

The second fender-bender was on the way back from shopping.  One car was turning, and the car behind him, eager to turn before the light turned red, initiated a bumper kiss.  Oy vey.  And here, too, they both drove on as though nothing had occurred.

Which brings up the important question: where did you people learn to drive? Because your skills are embarrassingly poor.

technorati tags:, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home