Friday, January 18, 2008

Leggings

Dear Girls Who Think Leggings are Pants:

No, no, no. Leggings are not pants. I understand the temptation. They are comfortable and don't have annoying zippers or buttons. I confess that I made the terrible decision of wearing my long johns under skirts during junior year of high school, and thought I was super cool. And yes, there were some really nice outfits involving leggings and mini dresses/long shirts. But seriously, your leggings offend me.

Calf-length leggings came in a few years back to be worn under skirts. Which I thought was a terrible and usually unflattering idea, with one with which I was willing to live. And then came skinny jeans. We all squeezed ourselves into them, admired our butts, and went through a series of inappropriate shoes before finally finding ones that looked right. Even guys were in on the skinny jeans, whose pants were/are tight enough to cut off circulation and the possibility of children. It was only a matter of time before someone had the brilliant idea to combine the two trends.

You look comfortable, yes, but also like someone who fumbled around in their closet during the morning and got confused. No one wants to see your panty-lines or the exact shape of your lower body. Leggings are not flattering, and wearing them with a top that doesn't cover your butt is no good. No, I'm not your mother. If I was, you'd be wearing pants out of the house.

Love,
A Girl Who Hates Pants, Too, But...Seriously?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I saw you with your long johns under your skirts and I can tell you that you looked darn cute. Also, you should joing forces with go fug yourself; I have a feeling you guys are kindred. love bassett.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home