Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Shirts

Dear Ultimate Frisbee Boys:

Yes, I called you boys. You are not men; I have made this judgement based on seeing you shirtless. Another contributing factor is that you provided me with the opportunity to make this assertion by running through public en masse without shirts. This act alone is a severe strike against you. I know you're in college and very sweaty and still have some questions about men's nipples that you wish someone would address, but while you are playing ultimate frisbee is not a time when someone would talk about this burning issue.

So, I'm familiar with some basic ideas. One is that when you're too lazy or unorganized to wear different colored shirts for different teams, you play with shirts and skins. What I fail to understand, however, is what is accomplished by everyone taking of their shirts. Wasn't the idea that you'd be able to tell the teams apart? What, do you split it into six packs and four packs? I know it's sort of hot outside and you've been running around, but somehow girls manage to survive despite this inconvenience. And it's NEVER been hot enough to inspire a pack of us to simultaneously remove our shirts. If it were hot enough for that, we'd be inside with air conditioning, not playing ultimate frisbee. I'm on to your games.

Girls like toned physiques. They periodically enjoy taking in the sight of strapping young men playing sports. But it loses its appeal when it's going on all day, every day, and quickly. To my understanding, the abandonment of common sense and shirts is partly in pursuit of college women. It's a silent sort of mating call: look, I have chest hair and I can catch a small, plastic disc as my body hurtles through the air; now we will make babies, yes? AWWWOOOEEEERRRRNNNGGG.

Nice try. Put it away. Unless you have a physique akin to that of Brad Pitt, I'm not terrible interested in seeing your unsolicitedly naked torso. We'll talk then.

XOXO,
The-girl-who-was-blinded

Technorati Tags: frisbee, shirtless, college

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You obviously do not get as sweaty as boys do. You just don't understand.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I am a tad jealous of you. There have not been very many shirtless males here. Although I did see some sweet stomachs on my kayaking trip...

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home