Thursday, August 17, 2006

Basement Activites



The blog has been full of ranting and disgust this week, so I thought I'd devote this entry to something I love: the OK Go video posted above. This new version's been on television, replacing a slightly different bootleggy version that they filmed themselves on a lower budget, still with excellent results. I saw them in concert, and they were supremely doofy and amazing.


I think what makes this video so compelling is that it's exactly what my friends and me would do if one of us had a video camera and a bunch of treadmills in the basement. We'd choreograph a treadmill dance and wear dorky clothing and post it on the internet. Boredom and ordinary props of life make for really good web entertainment. We all do random, crazy stuff in our basements, especially late at night. Usually it's just not this coordinated.

And that's all I have to say on that.

Technorati Tags: ok, go, treadmills, youtube

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I like that video. :)

5:15 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Brilliant!

- Joe

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love ok go. they make me feel fuzzy.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Katharine Sofia said...

This is pretty much the best music video ever.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home