Friday, July 28, 2006

Epidemic

As I had hoped, the headbutt is catching on. See this article. If you're too lazy to click, here's the gist of it:
LONDON (AP) -- Jockey Paul O'Neill apologized Tuesday for head-butting his horse at a race last weekend.
...."I would just like to say to the public that I'm very sorry they had to see such a thing," O'Neill said in a statement. "I've never done it before and it will never happen again."
The only logical conclusion to be drawn is that O'Neill reads this blog and took it to heart. The perhaps less logical conclusion is that merely because I put the thought out there, O'Neill picked up on it. I feel a sense of victory. It's the beginning of a headbutting revolution. I can see the world improving already. Rather than shooting the horse, letting the rage simmer or blowing up the racetrack, he headbutted the horse he had been riding. If there's something funnier than watching a French soccer player ram an Italian soccer player in the chest with his head, it's a jockey ramming a horse in the chest with his head.

The jockey comes away looking a little doofy, and the horse comes away thinking humans would be perhaps best underfoot. He apologizes, the horse is cool with, and everyone moves on. I couldn't have asked for a better showing of how the application of headbutts as the maximum of aggression will make the world better.

And this post is the last time I will talk about headbutting for a while. I may have become a little obsessed. Even though there's nothing wrong with being keen on world piece, I'll just let the ideas stew some more, permeate the universe. Perhaps some more good will come of this. Here's hoping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home