Monday, November 27, 2006

Skinny Jeans

Well, I broke down.  I bought a pair of skinny jeans.  Two, actually.  I'd been eyeing other girls enviously as they walked past.  The jeans had several things going for them:

1. They are cute.

2. They look really good with the new coat I just bought.

3. Most importantly: even though, like all jeans nowadays, they are two inches too long, because they are tight around the ankle, I can just scrunch them up so that they don't drag on the ground.  The draggy pant hems won't get soaked when it's raining, leading to a slow upward invasion of pant wetness.  Or rip and get trampled on until the back part of the hem falls off from the consequence of their being designed for tall, Amazon women.

As is my fashion when purchasing new clothing, I eyed myself in the mirror, admiring particularly how nice my ass looked.  A certain amount of vanity is only appropriate when revamping a wardrobe.

I resisted for a long time because it seemed like an extension of the leggings trend.  I was done with leggings before they even started.  It's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen, aside from the shirtdress.  You don't get to hybridize shirts and dresses; you have to pick one.  Just like I will eat you if I see you wearing a skirt over pants, the shirtdress is unacceptable.  I tried the leggings under a mini-skirt once, to give it a fair try, and it did not bear repeating.

In short, I have a new love, and it keeps my ankles warm.

technorati tags:, , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Don't you hate it when it's raining and the bottoms of your jeans get all soggy?

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer flared jeans myself... I have... erm... ample hips. Sort of. Well, they look like sausages if I stuck them in skinny jeans. :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Having the bottom of my pants be soggy is in the top ten things I despise.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Katharine Sofia said...

I broke down at the end of the summer. You laster far longer than I.

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't mind the bottoms of their jeans getting wet. It's certainly not on my Top 5 list, but it's not the worst thing ever.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home