Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A summary of my day

In short, today I proved my mother right: I am a mess.

I had a good day, but then I had to write a review of the new album by The Shins, "Wincing the Night Away."  And for some reason it just wasn't coming.  I knew what I wanted to say, but there were no metaphors or brilliant word plays that I could think of with which to express it.  So in the end the review turned out like the digital equivalent of pooping on a piece of paper and turning it in.

My editor had a definite "what happened?" face, because I'm normally pretty good, and editing my reviews doesn't take an hour and a half.  I'm going to write this review off, hope people don't hate me for taking a review that a bunch of people wanted and doing it no justice and show their displeasure by hurling flaming bags of dog poo through my window.  But I have no guarantees of that.  At least I got a free album that's pretty good.

I will now go stare blankly at some text as I turn the pages.  Maybe now I'll get my butt in gear for this semester.

technorati tags:, , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to respond ages ago about your cupcake/muffin theory which I found quite convincing--I was wondering what you think about pancakes!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home