Thursday, January 04, 2007

50 Things I Learned in 2006

I'm not normally into these blog challenge thingies, but I've decided to go for it. Taken from Mimz at Illogical Paradox, who got it from Lorelle.

1. Executing Saddam Hussein won't resolve anything.
2. all the words to "Rapper's Delight"
3. how to evade Sephora employees
4. jello shots are delicious
5. how to take photos that capture at least 2/3 of my face without looking through the viewfinder
6. chai tea lattes are highly addictive
7. choreographed a capella performances make me laugh
8. my Hogwarts letter didn't just get lost in the mail
9. the most exciting thing about being 18 is being able to vote
10. people often don't really want your advice, just to know you care enough to give it
11. I sometimes make jokes even when I'm not happy because I'm afraid that people won't take me seriously if I act serious
12. absence makes the heart grow fonder
13. ...sometimes
14. I kind of like that JC Chasez song, "Blowin' Me Up With Her Love," but I will chalk up this admission to temporary insanity
15. the most peaceful place at college is the fire escape attached to my dorm
16. graduating from high school is anti-climactic
17. laser tag never gets old
18. knowing global warming is bad and having social consciousness doesn't stop one from liking it when it's 57 degrees in January
19. trying to move around in D.C. during a state funeral is like trying to go through a maze with no exit
20. 69-pound English bulldogs exist
21. football is far more interesting when you know the rules
22. spending your summer lazing around is not a crime
23. when there's a tie on the door of the bathroom in a frat house, take it seriously and don't walk in
24. Maria Callas' version of "O mio babbino caro" from "Gianni Schicchi" makes me cry
25. Harlequinn romance novels are hilarious
26. people don't care if you spit in your food; they'll still eat it from the dorm fridge
27. how to eat ice cream for breakfast without feelings of guilt
28. how to dance in high heels
29. when in doubt, it's best to say hi to that random dude from English class
30. vegetarianism isn't a lifestyle but an epidemic
31. one shouldn't wear shorts when riding a mechanical bull
32. human birth is a highly improbable affair
33. how to be in a marching band
34. not knowing what you want to do with your life at 18-years-old is okay
35. your mom jokes don't necessarily lose their entertainment value with age
36. youtube is beautiful
37. wikipedia isn't the devil (but it's still up to no good)
38. how to write an album review
39. no matter how many times I pick up my friends' guitars and strum random notes for 10 minutes, that will not be sufficient to teach me guitar
40. hitting a deer can derail a train
41. living on the 4th floor of a building doesn't mean it's quiet
42. I will live to see a female Speaker of the House
43. the relationship between alcohol and feces
44. you can buy Skittles in a resealable bag
45. Hugh Hefner has three girlfriends
46. more about Britney Spears' life than I ever wanted to know
47. how to make a paper written late at night be at least read like English
48. fire stairs aren't for escaping burning buildings; they're an extra closet for all the stuff that doesn't fit in your suite
49. how to parallel park in under 30 seconds
50. how to jaywalk across an intersection, rather than just a street

Oh, and on the shameless self-promotion front: the Bloggies have come around again. If you're interested in nominating me for awards (HINT HINT!), I would like to note that I am a teenager, am absurdly humorous and have a new blog (started in 2006).

Cheers.


technorati tags:, , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Oh nooo, I did you for teen and humour but didn't know about the new blog thing. Alas, i'm sure one of your other devotional fans will nominate you for your various well deserved awards (though stay away from the teen section, that's mine, biatch).

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nominated you in teen, humour, new, writing, and best kept secret.

Should you draw a blank when approaching the Best Canadian Weblog category or Best Group Weblog, may I suggest, oh, I dunno... Torontoist.com?

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great list.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"27. how to eat ice cream for breakfast without feelings of guilt"

I definetly did that once...or twice...or a certain amount of times... :D

~M~

4:34 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Hooray!

Joe: I guess we're going to have to duel to the death for the teen section.

Jill: I did in fact draw a blank for the Canadian blogs section, but suddenly the sky cracked open and a voice from above delivered this message: Torontoist.com ;)

Jim: Thanks!

mimz: Once you do it, that one time is never enough.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home