Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Joyriding

I have recently discovered the fun of joyriding. My friends and I rolled down all the windows and rolled through town playing European techno. The people in the street started fake dancing as we passed, and would laugh to their cohorts. One particularly forward man, while we twere listening to a song called "Touch Me," said that he would touch us any time. I like that opening our windows and blasting music gives people the comfort to yell skeezy things at us. There is a sort of connection with the people around.

I also performed the most awkard K-turn when we found a parking space in Georgetown. There was a woman waiting for literally two minutes as I wedged the car around and almost got trapped perpendicular to the road. I yelled thank you out of the window, but the techno probably obscured it. And I felt bad, but not really, because I was high on tooling around in my car.

I encourage you all to grab your friends, even if they are resistant, find some techno, and ride through the streets, sharing your joy and obnoxiously loud music. Go, be teenagery, even if you're fifty, because sometimes life is just awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home