Friday, April 14, 2006

Standing Around

There is a strange phenomenon that compels people to be in my way as much as possible. Accompanying this phenomenon is a strange absense of brain power, as normally intelligent people begin milling about and become unable to process information. Take, for example, Door Crowding. For some reason, people seem to think that the doorway is an appropriate place to have a conversation with twelve people, making sure that they pack in tightly so that no one can utilize the door. Let me assure right now that door conversations are in fact a terrible idea. There is an entire, wide hallway for you to utilize, so why do you insist on enraging me?

The second unexplainable phenomenon I've witnessed is the Sudden Stop. Somebody will be walking in front of me in the supermarket or hallway or path, and suddenly stop. Now, I live in a hustle and bustle world, so I like to get where I'm going as efficiently as possible. My efficiency is greatly decreased by his insistence on stopping in the path and standing there like livestock, forcing the flow of people to go around him. If for some reason you need to stop, maneuver your way to the side of the path/aisle/hallway. You wouldn't stop your car in the middle lane of the freeway, would you? No, because it makes no sense.

Also, standing in front of a stall in a public bathroom leads me to believe that you are waiting to use the restroom. Don't look at me strangely when I don't make a mad dash for the first available stall. And don't smile at me like I'm a simpleton. I'm not the one standing in a public restroom, staring intently at the stalls, but with absolutely no intention of using the facilities. I know your friend is in the stall, but she's somehow managed to live without your support in these matters for quite some time, and she won't be irrevocably damaged by your standing near the sink.

All of these inconveniences would be eliminated if people would just stop standing around in the middle of the action. Get moving, get trucking, or at least get out of my way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lins said...

I completely understand what you're saying! I hate it whenever people are in my way. That's when I voice what I'm thinking. After all, noone likes someone who talks to myself. That or I act like I'm completely interested in what the doorway people are saying and then while they pause to hear my input, I say something completely irrelevant.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home