Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Search Engine

Perhaps I spend too much time on the internet, but I increasingly wish that my life had some of its conveniences (though NOT its slang). Take, for example, blocking on the instant messenger friends list. Person you don't want to talk to or know you're around? No problem, just block them. I would utilize this same principle to block people I have no desire to see. That annoying kid in class who talks so much nothing that he creates a black hole? No problem, just life block him. That girl you see on campus every day but you don't know her name, and it bothers you every time? Do the same.

You could ward off many illnesses in the same way that your computer (although not necessarily if it's a PC...ZING!) does. No more concerns about figuring out which strain of flu is going to sweep the nation, just subscribe to a virus protector. You could wander safely through this dangerous, germ/virus/whatever-illnesses-we-fear-ridden world knowing that we are updated to be protected from the newest dangers every Tuesday.

When you were shopping in a department store and desperately needed to find something specific, you could sort by color, silhouette, designer, etc. For example, this weekend I needed to find a white dress, quite possibly the most difficult thing to find. If I could have just sorted the department store by color, I would have procured a white dress much more easily.

Perhaps all of this is frivolous and I desire it only due to laziness; but laziness has its place in the world, and that place is with me.

And dammit, where is my search engine? I can't find my sunglasses.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see that I'm not the only one wishing for stuff like this. I often find myself thinking the same thoughts as you, especially when I'm reading something and looking for a certain portion of the text. Where's the "find" feature?

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Really like your blog! You write very well!=)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Thanks!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home