Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Deep and Meaningful Thought

People are always telling you to be yourself.  It's also an ingrained part of our society that you have to be modest.  All I'm saying is, I'm trying to be myself, and myself happens to be the shit, there's not much I can do about that.

I almost decided to end the entry there, but I've decided against it.  I find the false modesty in our America infuriating.  If you did something well, you should be able to gloat about it.  I don't like pretending that I don't know that you secretly think you're the shit.  I'd rather you just admit that you know you did a good job.

There are many people I know who have little joy in their lives.  Having to cheapen the good moments by pretending that oh, it's nothing, is pointless.  I'm awesome.  You're awesome.  We're awesome.  So let's all admit we're happy about that fact when we're happy about it.

Peace.

technorati tags:,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Awesome

3:33 PM  
Blogger Katharine Sofia said...

Well, that first paragraph is officially my new favorite quote.
-Katgirl

5:12 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

It's my secret goal in life to make myself as present as possible in AIM profiles and people's favorite quote thing on facebook.

6:03 PM  
Blogger berno said...

Meri, you are officially the shit

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home