Monday, February 05, 2007

Snow, or lack there of

I'm being punished for something.  It's February, and we have yet to have any accumulation here.  The first part of the winter was fine, because it was in the fifties and sixties and we were all toasting to global warming.  But now it's just cold, and there's no snow to make me feel better.  I have concluded that I, and the rest of the students on campus, are being punished for something.

My dad came up to visit, and one you get five miles outside of the city, there is a foot of snow on the ground.  A FOOT.  We've had nothing.  The cars had snow on their rooves, there was a dirty wall of snow on the side of the road.  Just outside of the perimeter of where I can get to.

To add insult to injury, it's rained here.  It will be bitterly cold, we're talking 5 degrees F without wind chill, for a few days.  Then it will warm up into the high 30s, low 40s...and rain.  It will pour rain; we're talking amounts that would mean, if it were seven degrees colder, an epic blizzard.  Winter wonderland, a use for that sled I bought, snow men! But then it stops raining, and the temperature promptly drops again.  This weather has been going on since January: not having snow and it being cold is one thing, but being teased with intermittent warm spells just so it can rain is another thing entirely.

My dad also called me when he got home, 275 miles south, to tell me that there is an inch of snow on the ground there.  Washington D.C., where it snows rarely enough that anything non-liquid falling from the sky incites mass hysteria.  There's something suspicious about all this...

technorati tags:, ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6 DEGREES! SNOW DOESN"T MAKE THE COLD BETTER.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home